Recycle your knit initiative.
Recycling leftover knitwear is our passion project, and we want you to be involved.
We are always looking for new ways to reach zero waste and knitwear is the perfect product to use as you can literally “Un-knit” your knitwear into yarn and reuse it like new.
How can you get involved? Help us with our 'Recycle Your Knit' initiative and get rewarded with a 15% discount code for new Rhea items.
Here’s how: Send us any 100% Wool item - not only from Rhea - but any brand. We are officially accepting and recycling all 100% Woollen items that would otherwise be thrown away to landfills.
They will be recycled in our Mill into new yarn that can be used for new garments - creating a full life cycle for the yarn.
A circular system is the key to a more sustainable future.
Less than 1% of clothing is recycled into new clothes. The remaining 99% is down-cycled (made into something less valuable), incinerated or tossed into landfills. Which is such a waste of materials that could otherwise be reused.
We’re in this together
- 12% of the material used for clothing ends up being recycled.
- 37 KG is the weight of clothes an average American throws away yearly.
- 200 years is the amount of time it will take for some garments to decompose in landfill.
So, how does it work?
Once we receive your knit, the following steps will take place to up-cycle your Knitwear into a brand new Rhea item.
- We unravel your knit and bring the yarns back to wool fibers.
- The recycled wool fibers will be mixed with virgin wool & spun to new yarns
- The yarns will be knitted into new knitwear
- Our partially recycled knitwear will find a new owner
How can I send my Knits?
- Request a shipping label via email@example.com
- Pack your knit and drop the package in the mail
- We recycle the old knitwear into new up-cycled Rhea garments
- Receive 15% store credit, not to mention the pride of doing some good in the world of fashion.